Intermec Thermal Label Printing Technology Briefs
Intermec continues to lead the thermal label printing industry with innovative products and solutions. Our host of technology briefs will provide you with ideas and information to help you select and deploy your Intermec printer for your unique printing environment.
- Configuration And Management for Intermec PM43 and PC-Series »
- Deploying and maintaining Intermec printers in either local or distributed environments is easy with Intermec's advanced printer management tools. Intermec offers four easy-to-use printer configuration and management tools for Intermec Gen 3 printers - PrintSet 5 Printer Configuration Utility, printer web page, SmartSystems, and for printers with LCD displays, the LCD menu. This document provides a brief overview of each of these tools.
- CUPS Printing in Linux and UNIX »
- This Technology Brief describes how to print to Intermec printers from a Linux/UNIX environment by using the Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS). The Brief shows where to find our CUPS drivers, what solution to use for a given use case and how to set up your environment.
- Font Aliasing For PR2 and PR3 Printers »
- When legacy applications require obsolete fonts or different fonts than come with the printer, font aliasing comes to the rescue. By automatically substituting printer-resident fonts (either built-in or downloaded) at specified point sizes, width adjustments and other factors, unchangeable data streams work just as if they were being sent to old or competitive printers. This is just one of the many ways that the flexibility built into Intermec printers makes them the best choice in just about any deployment environment. This Tech Brief discusses how to create aliases for our popular new PR2 2" and PR3 3" durable receipt printers.
- IPL Migration Considerations for PM43 and PC-Series Printers »
- Intermec’s PM43 and PC-series printers include a new version of IPL. Backward compatibility with previous versions was a significant goal; however changes in hardware, mechanics, and platform standards may result in differences in behavior, functionality and usage. This Technology Brief discusses these differences and how you can mitigate their impact.
- Precision Printing for PM43 and PM43c »
- Precision Print enables printing dense text, graphics and bar codes with high accuracy and repeatability on very short labels where the distance between the top or bottom of printed elements and the physical edge of the label is very small. This brief discusses how to design high-precision layouts.
- Printer Compatibility with Scanners and Mobile Computers »
- Intermec printers support multiple communication interfaces and protocol standards which make them compatible with many devices. New Intermec printers use industry standard drivers providing support for an even broader selection of devices. This technology brief provides an overview of compatibility between our printers and other Intermec devices.
- Smart Phone and Tablet Support »
- You can print to Intermec printers from a wide range of devices and operating systems, including Apple iOS (via WiFi only) and Android-based tablets. This Brief discusses the different connection methods we used, and points toward developer resources for creating your own apps to support these important new devices.
- Thermal Print Head (TPH) Resolution and Advantages »
- Print quality and image size are affected by the resolution of the thermal print head. This Tech Brief discusses what to consider when deciding which TPH resolution to choose.
- Virtual Serial Port Over USB »
- Physical serial ports are becoming less common on new PCs, but many legacy applications only print via serial. This Tech Brief shows you how to configure the Virtual COM Port in PC-series printers to enable serial communications via a physical USB connection.